Yay! I finally made my first bento :) It's not terribly pretty, but it's functional. And I can always learn pretty later...
I found this cute little container at the mall for like four bucks, and it's even dishwasher safe! In the top compartment I've put strawberry yogurt on one half and apples with peanut butter on the other. In the bottom I packed raisins, peanuts, grilled chicken and barbeque sauce. All in all I think I'm not going to have to worry about being hungry at lunchtime. I could even fit a fork and spoon in my bento. Overall I believe this was a pretty successful attempt at the famous Japanese lunchbox.

3 comments:
Hi B! What a great Bento!!!! Makes you look forward to lunch!
Hey I'll forward a couple pix from Patrick and his trip to Alaska. Some of the pix are awesome!
Good Luck with your new job!
I love you and I miss you!
hey babe - I had THE hardest time getting here - but I'm glad I persisted - love the bento - looks like a good find on the box (better than the online"real"ones) love when I see (or see pictures) of you using your head. BTW we had a pomagranate yesterday and it was SOOOOO delicicious - I guess its the season and its so good for you - Liam & Ella LOVE it but they also like to squirt the arils at each other too (very messy) but the fruit itslf is not messsy and b/c they had a booklet at the grocery I could see how easy it would be to use - would make a lovely bento addition - lots of vibrant color and texture :) MOM
Hi B,
Heard the good news on the job front. Good luck. Time is flying by so fast and the holidays will be here before you know it.
Thought we would have gotten together before now but I guess you are busy, busy. You know where we are if you need anything.
Love, Me (grammy)
Post a Comment